February 20 - 21, 2016
Big Weekend!!!! Poultry Show, Swap Meet & More!!!!
Hosting the Japanese Bantam Breeders Association and the Belgian D'Uccle & Booted Bantam Club National Meets
Coweta County Fairgrounds
275 Pine Road
Newnan, GA 30263
Thanks to the
Coweta County Farm Bureau
for sponsoring our junior show.
Paul Kroll - New York
Gary Overton - Ohio
Ben Porter - Kentucky
JUNIOR SHOW & SHOWMANSHIP JUDGE:
Tom Roebuck - Virginia
For questions on AI Testing or verification of your states testing, call the Georgia Poultry Lab at 770-766-6818
Changes To Pullorum Testing
Georgia rule is only for out of state people coming into Georgia
NPIP participants with AI clean - NPIP testing paperwork
NPIP participants without AI clean - NPIP paperwork and proof of AI testing within 21 days of show
Non NPIP participants - proof of PT and AI testing within 21 days of show
People in Georgia - no change, PT testing available at shows
For questions on AI testing or verification of your states testing, call the Georgia Poultry Lab at 770-766-6818
- Competition is open to bantam & large chickens, bantam & large waterfowl, turkeys & guineas.
- Birds will be judged under the rules of the ABA and APA, whichever apply.
- All birds must be Pullorum Typhoid tested. State officials will be testing on Friday from 4:00 - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 6:00 - 8:30 a.m. Show test papers to state officials.
- All birds must be cooped in by 8:45 a.m. Saturday morning. Judging begins at 9:00 a.m. No birds will be allowed to coop in after judging has started.
- Entry fee is $3.00 per bird and $6.00 for double cooping. Make checks payable to CVPA.
- All entries must be paid regardless, even if the exhibitor does not show.
- CVPA reserves the right to substitute and/or add judges if necessary. All judge's decisions are final.
- Only judges and show officials will be permitted in the aisles during judging.
- CVPA will not be responsible for loss or accident to persons or their birds.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted in the showroom or on the grounds. No smoking is allowed inside the show building.
- No adults will be allowed to coop or groom the junior's birds. If a junior needs help, CVPA members will be happy to assist them.
- Any bird(s) in the show or sales area that appear sick will be removed from the show grounds.
- The term cock, hen, cockeral, and pullet are defined as in the ABA and APA standard.
- After birds have been cooped in, please close your coop tags, Coop tags must be closed before and during judging.
- Displays, as stated in the Bantam Standard, will be accepted and reported to the ABA, Trios are not accepted.
- Any matter that is not covered by show rules will be settled by Executive Council of the CVPA and all decisions are final.
- Protest must be made with the Show Secretary and a fee of $25.00 cash paid before 6:00 pm on Saturday. If protest is upheld, the fee will be returned. The Show Secretary, two members of the CVPA Boaed of Directors and Judge will make the final decision.
Friday, February 19th opens at 2:00 p.m. and closes at 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 20th opens at 6:00 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 21st opens at 7:00 a.m.
Mail in entries must be postmarked by Friday, February 12th 2016
Mail Open Show entries to:
360 Sunset Circle
Dahlonega Ga., 30533
Mail Junior Show entries to:
921 Lawshe Road
Senoia Ga., 30276
Phone entry deadline is Sunday, February 14th 2016 at 10:00 pm EST
Open Show Only: 706-973-7299 (Beth Smith)
Junior Show Only: 770-851-2103 (Tonya Massengale)
Email entry deadline is Sunday, February 14th 2016
Host Hotel- America's Best Value Inn
(Formerly Days Inn)
I-85, Exit 41
1344 Highway 29 South
Newnan, GA 30265
RESERVATIONS: Call 770-253-8550
RATE: $45.00 per night
Mention the Poultry Show
The following hotels are not affiliated with our show : Quality Inn, 770-252-1236; Best Western, 770-304-9700; Comfort Inn, 770-502-8688.
- Super Grand Champion of Show.................Plaque & $75.00
- Reserve Super Grand Champion of Show.........Plaque & $50.00
- Champion Bantam..............................Plaque & $30.00
- Reserve Champion Bantam......................Plaque & $15.00
- Class Champions..............................Plaque
- Champion Large Fowl..........................Plaque & $30.00
- Reserve Champion Large Fowl..................Plaque & $15.00
- Class Champions..............................Plaque
- Champion Waterfowl...........................Plaque & $30.00
- Reserve Champion Waterfowl...................Plaque & $15.00
- Champion Goose.........................Plaque
- Class Champions........................Plaque
- Champion Turkey..............................Plaque
- Champion Guinea..............................Plaque
- Junior Super Grand Champion..................Trophy & $20.00
- Junior Reserve Super Grand Champion..........Trophy & $10.00
- Junior Champion Bantam.......................Trophy
- Junior Reserve Champion Bantam...............Trophy
- Junior Champion Large Fowl...................Trophy
- Junior Reserve Champion Large Fowl...........Trophy
- Junior Champion Waterfowl....................Trophy
- Junior Reserve Champion Waterfowl............Trophy
- Junior Champion Turkey.......................Trophy
- Junior Reserve Champion Turkey...............Trophy
- Junior Champion Guinea.......................Trophy
- Junior Reserve Champion Guinea...............Trophy
- Champion & Reserve SCCL..................Trophy
- Champion & Reserve RCCL..................Trophy
- Champion & Reserve AOCCL.................Trophy
- Champion & Reserve Featherleg............Trophy
- Champion & Reserve Modern................Trophy
- Champion & Reserve Old English...........Trophy
- Champion & Reserve Bantam Duck...........Trophy
- Champion & Reserve Asiatic...............Trophy
- Champion & Reserve American..............Trophy
- Champion & Reserve Continental...........Trophy
- Champion & Reserve English...............Trophy
- Champion & Reserve Mediterranian.........Trophy
- Champion & Reserve AOSB..................Trophy
4 Age Groups: Pee-Wee, 4-7 year olds, Juniors, 8-10 year olds, Intermediate, 11-13 year olds, Seniors, 14-18 year olds.
Trophies will be given to 1st-2nd place & a rosette for 3rd place in each age group
Large rosette will be given to the Overall Showmanship Champion
Ribbons will be given to all Best of Variety and Reserve of Variety winners.
Friday, February 19
2:00 pm Showroom & Swap Meet Opens - Registration & Coop-In
6:30 pm Complimentary Supper for Poultry Show Exhibitors and Judges
9:00 pm Showroom & Swap Meet Closes
Saturday, February 20
6:00 am Showroom & Swap Meet Opens - Registration & Coop-In
9:00 am Judging Begins
TBA Chicken Poop Bingo
3:00 pm Live Poultry Silent Auction Ends
5:00 pm Bag/Ticket Table Drawing, 50/50 Raffle & Poultry Related/Miscellaneous Silent Auction Ends
6:00 pm Showroom & Swap Meet Closes
Sunday, February 21
7:00 am Showroom & Swap Meet Opens
8:00 am Final Judging
8:30 am Old English Championship Row & Junior Show Awards Presentation
9:00 am Open Poultry Championship Row
9:30 am Open Show Awards Presentation
4:00 pm Swap Meet Closes
**Remaining Drawings & Raffles will be held on Sunday after Open Championship Row
First Prize: A new oak cabinet incubator handmade by Allen Haygood of Shady Oak Bantams- Allen Haygood and Bryan Massengale
- Fully automatic hand made oak cabinet incubator
- Full view glass front
- Auto humidity reservoir
- Electronic thermostat
- Auto turning
- 3 setting trays and 1 hatching tray
- Capacity of 270 chicken eggs
Second Prize: A new Hova-Bator incubator donated by Southern Charm Feed Store in Haralson, GA
- Automatic turning
- Standard thermostat
- Windows for viewing
CVPA members will be selling tickets at shows we attend and at our show until the time of the drawing. Drawing will be held on Sunday, February 21 before or after the judging of Championship Row. The winner does not have to be present, however there is no shipping option. The winner, if not present at time of drawing, will be notified and can make arrangements to meet a CVPA member at a show to pick up the prize. The tickets are $5.00 each. The incubator will be on display at our show on February 20-21, 2016. Please help our club by participating in this fundraiser.
Tickets will be sold at $1.00 per ticket or 6 tickets for $5.00. A single ticket will be drawn and the winner will take half of the money collected.
The game board measures 3' x 3', marked off into 2" squares with a cage extending past the board on all sides. Each square is numbered and can be purchased for $2.00 per square. A chicken is placed on the board in the cage and the square that is pooped on is the winner of 50% of the money collected.
Four pairs of show quality birds will be raffled off to Juniors only on Saturday. See "Events Schedule" for time of drawing. Tickets are $1.00 each.
Spaces for the Swap Meet will be $10.00 each and will be on a "first come, first served" basis. No limit on the size of space, however, we ask that you be considerate. See the Event Schedule for hours each day.The CVPA will conduct a live bird silent auction on Saturday, February 20, 2016. Anyone wishing to donate birds or other related items should deliver them to CVPA members Mike Brown or Mack McBurnett in the Silent Auction/Sales Area. The CVPA will also provide cages to rent at $1.00 per hole to sell your birds. There is a limit of 4 birds per hole.
OUT OF RESPECT FOR OUR SPONSORS
NO FOOD OR DRINK VENDORS
NO POULTRY SUPPLIES OR FEED ALLOWED!!!
As you make any purchase(s) in Newnan and / or Coweta County, ask for a receipt. Write your name on the receipt(s) for a drawing for a large basket filled with goodies donated from local businesses worth $50.00 or more. Receipts should have the name of the business and an address printed on them.
Sunday morning a drawing will be held at an announced time and place for the open and junior exhibitors. A cash prize of $100.00 will be awarded to an Open Show participant and $50.00 to a Junior Show participant. The winners MUST be present at the place and time of the drawing for the cash prize to be awarded.
In appreciation for your support of our show, the CVPA will be serving a
on Friday evening from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm for all exhibitors and judges.
Mac & Cheese
Homemade Peach Cobbler
Homemade Banana Pudding
Concessions will be available on Saturday & Sunday Morning. We will be serving both breakfast and lunch on Saturday and an abbreviated breakfast and lunch on Sunday for your convenience at the concession stand behind the Ag Building.
BELGIAN D'UCCLE AND BOOTED BANTAM CLUB NATIONAL MEET
$10.00/year or $25.00/3 year Individual, $7.50/year or $20.00/3 year Junior, $15.00/year or $35.00/3 year family memberships.
Send to: Lori Martin, 622 Horseshoe Lane, Seymour TN 37865-4959
JAPANESE BANTAM BREEDERS ASSOCIATION NATIONAL MEET
Dues $15.00/year Family, $10.00/year Individual, $5.00/year Junior.
Send to: Ken Lee, 6100 N. Panda Point, Dunnellon, FL 34433
INTERNATIONAL WATERFOWL BREEDERS ASSOCIATION DISTRICT MEET
Dues: $15.00/year Individual, $20.00/year Family & $10.00/year Junior.
Contact: Chris Ervay, 4202 Optimist Farm Rd., Apex, NC 27539.
WYANDOTTE BREEDERS OF AMERICA STATE MEET
Dues are $6.00 Juniors, $12.00 Regular and $18.00 Family membership.
Send dues to WBA Secretary/Treasurer, Karolyn Sutton, 1901 N. 181 Hwy, Sylvan Grove, KS 67481
MARANS CHICKEN CLUB - USA MEET
DUTCH BANTAM CLUB NATIONAL MEET
AMERICAN BUCKEYE POULTRY CLUB DISTRICT MEET
For information contact: Laura Haggerty
AMERICAN POULTRY ASSOCIATION DISTRICT MEET
Dues are $15.00/year, $40.00/3 years,$10.00/year for Juniors
Endowment Trust Life Membership is $225.00.
Send to: Pat Horstman, P.O. Box 306 Burgettstown, PA 15021
AMERICAN SILKIE BANTAM CLUB DISTRICT MEET
Dues: $10.00/year Junior (17 and under), $15.00/year Adults, $20.00/year Family, $20.00 outside U.S.
Contact: Carina Moncrief, Secretary/Treasurer, 23754 Spenser Butte Dr., Gavilian Hills, CA 92570.
BELGIAN BEARDED D'ANVER CLUB DISTRICT MEET
Dues: Individual $10.00/year, $18.00/2 years, Junior $8.00/year, and $15.00/2 years.
Contact: Art Cosner, 11709 Cedar Ridge Road, Williamsport, MD
COCHINS INTERNATIONAL DISTRICT MEET
Membership fee $15.00/year, Junior $7.50/year
Send to: Matt McCammon, Rt. #2, Box 98M, Bloomfield, IN 47424
NANKIN CLUB OF AMERICA DISTRICT MEET
Memberships are $10.00 for ages 17 &: up, $5.00 for ages 8 to 16.
Memberships are for one calendar year - Jan. 1st thru Dec. 31st.
Send to: Mary Ann Harley, 195 Macedonia Rd., North Augusta, SC 29860.
Only Nankins in the Open Show will be eligible for awards.
INTERNATIONAL CORNISH BREEDERS ASSOCIATION STATE MEET
Dues: Family Membership $30.00, Single $20.00, Junior (under 10) $5.00
Life Membership $150.00.
Secretary-Treasurer Don Karesek, 2504 State Rd., Blue River, WI 53518.
RHODE ISLAND RED CLUB OF AMERICA STATE MEET
Dues: Adults $15.00 & Juniors $5.00 annually
Send to: Frank Harris, 15483 Coatsville Road, Beaverdam, VA 23015. Or call 1-800-883-5682.
AMERICAN BRAHMA CLUB SPECIAL MEET
Dues: (includes Canada) Adult/Farm/Family $15.00/year, Juniors (under 18) $10.00/year, Any other countries $30.00/year (US funds).
Send to: Kim Aldrich, Secretary, 12948 Ring Road, St. Charles, MI 48665
OLD ENGLISH GAME BANTAM CLUB OF AMERICA SPECIAL MEET
Annual membership is $15.00 for US, $20.00 for Canada, Bermuda and International.
Contact: Bryant Nunally, 625 Logging Rd., Ohatchee, AL 36271
* AMERAUCANA BREEDERS CLUB MEET
Yearly dues: Individual $12.00, Family $18.00, Junior $10.00.
Send To: Secretary / Treasurer, Micheal Muenks 33878 Hwy 87, California, MO 65018-3911
AMERICAN BANTAM ASSOCIATION MEET
MODERN GAME BANTAM CLUB SPECIAL MEET
* NATIONAL CALL BREEDERS OF AMERICA MEET
Memberships: Junior (under 16) $8.00/year, Individual $15.00/year or $29.00/2 years, Family $17.00/year or $33.00/2 years, Individual Lifetime $200.00.
Send to: Dennis Fuller, 1729 Otterville Road, Independence, IA 50644. Phone: 319-334-3497
* PLYMOUTH ROCK FANCIERS CLUB MEET
Dues $15.00/year Individual, $5.00/year Junior.
Contact: Robert Blosl, 14390 South Blvd., Silverhill, AL 36576.
POLISH BREEDERS CLUB MEET
Dues $10.00/year; Family $15.00/year; Lifetime $100.00
Send to: Jim Parker, 3232 Schooler Road, Cridersville, OH 45806
The CVPA extends an invitation to all breed clubs to submit meets to our show. If your breed club does not appear on our list, contact your club's representative and request a meet. Please mail forms to: Beth Smith, 81 Main Street, Moreland, GA 30259, or bring them to the show.
***TO RECIEVE AWARDS AND/OR POINTS FROM THE BREED CLUBS LISTED,YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE BREED CLUB BEFORE JUDGING BEGINS***
Take I-85 south to exit 41 (Moreland/Hwy 29) and take a right off the ramp. Go past Waffle House to the first road on the left, Pine Road. Take Pine Road for approximately one half mile over the railroad tracks. The entrance to the facility is on the left.
From Columbus and Alabama:
Take I-85 north to Exit 41 (Moreland/Hwy 29) and take a left off the ramp. Go past Waffle House to the first road on the left, Pine Road. Take Pine Road for approximately one half mile over railroad tracks. The entrance to the facility is on the left.
To Southern Charm Feed in Haralson, GA. for donating the "Hova-Bator" incubator & turner for the raffle. Please patronize Southern Charm Feed for all your poultry and feed supplies.
To Kiepper Cooping Company for being with us and supporting the show. For all your show coops call Dale at 262-662-2290
To Twin City Poultry Supply (614-595-8608) for supporting our show and sponsoring the coop tags.
And to all the individuals and local businesses for their donations and support.